Facebook Live launched, Snapchat is still a thing and Instagram obliterated them with Instagram Stories, YouTube is still up and running as the Grandfather of it all.
Video is big.
We all know this information already, because according to the numbers a lot of us spend a lot of time watching them.
We watch them to be entertained. To be educated. To be emotionally connected to another person. We support so many people and their endeavors and you may not have even noticed.
Video. Statistics. Insights. Data. Analytics. All of it is essential to a brand, to a business, and it can’t be ignored.
Video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%.*
75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week.
More video content is uploaded in 30 days than all three major U.S. T.V. networks combined have created in 30 years.
According to NIELSEN Wire, 36% of online consumers trust video ads
92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others, according to Invodo.
After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online, according to ComScore
Why are so many people avoiding it?
Well, I can give you 12 reasons why people avoid video and how you can demolish those blockers and let your light shine. This is for those who want to do video but is delaying the process for themselves.
1. I don’t have the right camera. You have a phone, if the content is good, you can worry about quality later. For Facebook live, waaaaaaay too many factors have to be right for your video to come clear when your clients see it. Your phone needs megapixels, more than 8, on your front facing camera, most cheaper phones have 3 or 5. You also need to have excellent wifi for no interruptions. ALSO, the person viewing it needs great wifi. So no matter what you do something, somewhere is going to cause an issue. I have done plenty of “testing this thing out” videos, it did no harm and you can always delete.
2. I don’t have the right lighting. If there is a window with sunlight we can make this work.
3. I don’t have the right editing software. There are hacks there’s the google photos assistant. (Demo Coming Soon)
4. I don’t have time. Post mini clips. Video’s that are less than 5 mins
5. The videos aren’t perfect. Practice.
6. There’s screaming in the background. 60 to 70% of my videos have a baby screaming or a child yelling in the background. I used to hate it, I always had to re-record and start over. About 4 months ago, I did a video with Alexis and I kept the camera on and Alexis was ready for the camera. I reviewed the video for editing and I found gold! Alexis was literally repeating the same thing I was saying but she was purely and authentically her and it was so hilarious! Since then I sometimes just let the chaos take over.
7. I don’t know what to talk about. Look for inspiration, the internet is full of it. Do what feels right to your brand.
8. I wont get views. Unless you get started
9. Im afraid of bad comments, trolls, haters, etc. We all are, but it’s coming
10. I’m going to look stupid. Again…..practice. Get other people to view your videos
11. I don’t think it’s right for my brand. This is the only valid one. If this is the case view the alternatives below.
12. I’m going to fail. If you don’t start, you are failing already.
Webinars. They allow you to do video without showing your face. It gives you the option to have a set of subjects to talk about in your video. Also you can do Q&A if you do them live. You can use tools like google hangout, YouTube live and other tools specializing in Webinars.
Podcast. Pure audio. I love this option because I rant a lot and in video it’s hard to edit. Podcasts, allows the creator to be more open and give more info to it’s listeners. There are many tools for creating a podcast and Soundcloud is skyrocketing with channels.